Expat in Croatia is hiring for a part-time personal assistant position.
Anyone interested in applying should read the following carefully before applying. We will only reply to qualified candidates. There is no deadline for applying, as we will accept applications until we find the right fit to join our team.
Do not contact us by email or social media about this job. The only way to apply for this job is using the below form. If you contact us using any other method, your application will be not be considered.
Before proceeding, it’s critical to know four things:
- Given the nature of the role and high degree of trust required, you must provide at least 2 references.
- You must live in Split.
- You must be fluent in Croatian as well as English.
- You must have the right to work already.
The Personal Assistant is an octopus. They can juggle a lot of balls at once without letting any fall to the floor. You’re excited when every day is a little different, filled to the brim with lots of variation and problems to solve. You’re obsessed with details. You notice things others don’t, then lock them away in your mental rolodex until needed. Note-taking is part of your daily habit and your organization abilities are borderline compulsive.
You can see the future, and we don’t mean the weather. You look 10 steps ahead and are proactive in preparing for any eventuality. You’re prepared no matter what. When something happens you didn’t expect, you stay calm and know exactly how to handle it.
As a personal assistant, you are focused on making the job of the person you assist easier. You learn their quirks, their needs and how to help them be the best they can possibly be at what they do. You are eager to take tasks off their plate and over-the-moon to take on new challenges.
You must also be empathetic, trustworthy, discreet, and honorable. You need to be comfortable listening and supporting, and you’re definitely not shy. This isn’t a job for introverts.
While this role will be part-time initially, it can evolve into a full-time role. At Expat in Croatia, we encourage growth, constant learning and mentorship so that everyone on our team has the resources to be the best they can be in this world and achieve any goals they set their sights on.
We invest a tremendous amount of time and energy into training every team member. In exchange, we hire people who believe in what we do. If you’re looking for a regular 9 to 5, clock in, clock out job then this company is not for you.
You can read more about our culture here.
In this role, the personal assistant will support me, Sara Dyson – the founder of Expat in Croatia. You can learn more about me here and here.
I’m constantly on the move, traveling around Croatia, and bouncing from meeting to meeting. Our company has grown exponentially in the last few years and I need a trusted and diligent right hand who can help me be better at my job, be a gatekeeper, create a structure so I can focus on the bigger picture and get out of the day-to-day details to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks.
This person will work alongside me and see first-hand what it takes to run this company. In some cases, you may travel with me on business trips.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a calendar
- Taking dictation
- Arranging travel
- Running errands, both personal and business
- Coordinating with team members
- Manage our office in Split (like, coordinating with the landlord, for example)
- Preparing agendas for meetings
- Live in the Split area
- Already have permission to work
- Be fluent in Croatian and English (at least c1 level)
- Own a computer and have excellent computer skills
- Comfortable making calls, writing emails and visiting locations in person
- Excellent research skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
The ideal candidate will fit the following description:
- Be extremely kind, patient and always happy to help anyone. If you don’t like working with people, this is not the job for you.
- Be a fast learner
- Flexible, able to adapt and have ability to prioritize
- Be a true problem solver, willing to go the extra mile to find a solution and make something work
- Capable of working independently and committed to meeting deadlines
- Proactive with the ability to anticipate needs
- Organized and punctual, by default
- Excited to be a part of the Expat in Croatia team. We are looking for someone who is eager to work here and will not treat this role as any other job just to pay the bills. We are in the business of helping people and making the lives of others better. The ideal candidate should be 100% dedicated to that mission.
This role is well-suited for an ambitious college student at the start of their professional journey, but is also open to seasoned executive assistants as well career changers. We are open to anyone that has the above skills. Specific personal assistant experience is not necessary, though appreciated.
If you meet all the requirements above, we’d like to hear from you!
Again, you must already be living in Croatia and have permission to work in Croatia. We will not be sponsoring a work permit for this position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- Submitting an application through the below form. (Applications received through social media, directly on email or any other channel will not be considered.)
- Completion of several tasks to gauge skills. If this doesn’t interest you, then this is not the job for you.
- In person or video chat interviews
If this sounds like a good match for you, please apply using the below form.