Expat in Croatia is hiring for a full-time Social Media Manager.
Anyone interested in applying should read the following carefully before applying. We will only reply to qualified candidates. There is no deadline for applying, as we will accept applications until we find the right fit to join our team.
Do not contact us by email or social media about this job. The only way to apply for this job is using the below form. If you contact us using any other method, your application will be not be considered.
The Social Media Manager is a jack-of-all trades.
You are thrilled to share our message with anyone who will listen and are ready to customize that message depending on the platform – whether it be Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok or LinkedIn. Each platform has its own nuance and you are curious to learn all of their secrets and idiosyncrasies.
You are an excellent planner. Scheduling and organization come naturally. Each day, you know exactly what should be published and when. You’ve got it all under control and understand how social media plays its part in the larger vision for our company.
You are creative and delighted to explore all avenues. There is no topic too mundane. You’ve got endless ideas on how to boil down our information and make it helpful, interesting and entertaining for our audience.
You are eager to become a Croatian bureaucracy expert. Everyone on our team reads out posts, is trained and stays up to date on changes. We all know as much as possible so we can serve our audience to the best of our ability. You won’t post content that you don’t understand. You’ll need to absorb a large volume of information and understand how all the pieces fit together. This is not one-time memorization. The government changes frequently, and your mental rolodex must be flexible to roll with those changes. If sucking up new information excites you, this could be the right fit.
You are annoyingly detail-oriented and abhor typos and mistakes. You understand the responsibility we have to be accurate in all we do, and that there can be consequences to our audience when we aren’t.
Lastly and most importantly, you must also be empathetic, trustworthy, discreet, and honorable. Our clients trust us with very personal and private information. Sometimes, they are in the middle of a personal or family tragedy. Sometimes there are tears. You need to be comfortable listening, supporting, identifying and helping make their lives easier. You’ll respond to every comment and message that comes in, regardless of who it is, what they say or what they need.
This role is made up of the following responsibilities:
- Create, manage and execute content plan for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and LinkedIN
- Eagerly stay up-to-date on platform changes and adjust strategy accordingly
- Develop content including writing captions, building carousels and creating videos/imagery
- Manage database of media (images, video) that are used on social and on our web site
- Communicate with audience in comments and direct messages, which includes providing links/answers and/or routing them to other colleagues when needed
- Coordinate with team to support social media plan when needed
- Proof blog posts as part of your training on our content
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Experienced in managing Facebook and Instagram for business purposes. If you’re familiar with TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIN, then that’s a bonus.
- Already living in Croatia and have permission to work
- Be a native-level English speaker able to communicate easily with native English speakers
- Own a computer for working (as this is a remote position)
- Have excellent computer skills
- Have experience with drafting emails and responding to inquiries
- Have customer service and/or client management experience
- Have excellent online research skills
- Being multilingual is not required, but preferred
- Design experience is not required, but preferred
The ideal candidate will fit the following description:
- Be extremely kind, patient and always happy to help anyone. If you don’t like working with people, this is not the job for you.
- Be a fast learner
- Flexible, able to adapt and have ability to prioritize
- Capable of working independently and committed to meeting deadlines
- Proactive with the ability to anticipate needs
- Organized and punctual, by default
- Dedicated to improving skills and knowledge
- Excited to be a part of the Expat in Croatia team. We are looking for someone who is eager to work here and will not treat this role as any other job just to pay the bills. We are in the business of helping people and making the lives of others better. The ideal candidate should be 100% dedicated to that mission.
If you meet all the requirements above, we’d like to hear from you! Again, you must already be living in Croatia and have permission to work in Croatia. We will not be sponsoring a work permit for this position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- Submitting an application through the below form. (Applications received through social media, directly on email will not be considered or through any other channel other than the below form will not be considered.)
- Completion of several tasks to gauge skills. If this doesn’t interest you, then this is not the job for you.
- In person or video chat interviews
If this sounds like a good match for you, please apply using the below form.