Expat in Croatia is hiring for a full-time junior consultant position.
Anyone interested in applying should read the following carefully before applying. We will only reply to qualified candidates. There is no deadline for applying, as we will accept applications until we find the right fit to join our team.
Do not contact us by email or social media about this job. The only way to apply for this job is using the below form. If you contact us using any other method, your application will be not be considered.
The Junior Consultant is a problem solver. No matter what someone asks, you have the answer – or know where to get the answer. Based on what a client shares, you know exactly which questions to ask to fill out the picture. You can identify red flags, proactively identify what else they should consider and lay out a plan for next steps.
To accomplish this, you should be a walking Croatian bureaucracy encyclopedia. Photographic minds are preferred. You’ll need to absorb a large volume of information and understand how all the pieces fit together. This is not one-time memorization. The government changes frequently, and your mental rolodex must be flexible to roll with those changes. If sucking up new information excites you, this could be the right fit.
You must also be empathetic, trustworthy, discreet, and honorable. Our clients trust us with very personal and private information. Sometimes, they are in the middle of a personal or family tragedy. Sometimes there are tears. You need to be comfortable listening, supporting, identifying and helping make their lives easier.
This role is made up of two parts. Both parts require memorization of our content and deep familiarity with our web site. You’ll also need to attend weekly staff meetings.
Part 1 – Consulting over Zoom or in person
- Conduct personal consulting sessions with clients, over Zoom or in person
- Prepare and research, as needed, before a session
- Prepare and send follow up emails with information and links, after a session
- Management of personal consulting calendar including scheduling, communication with clients and coordinating client payment with our Finance department
- Make introductions to appropriate vetted professionals, as needed
- Maintain client relationships
Part 2 – Email Assistance
- Communicate with audience over email
- Identify their needs and make recommendations, provide links and answers, and introduce to professionals, as needed
- Already living in Croatia and have permission to work
- Be a native-level English speaker able to communicate easily with native English speakers
- Own a computer with Word and Excel for working (as this is a remote position)
- Have excellent computer skills
- Have experience with drafting emails and responding to inquiries
- Have customer service and/or client management experience
- Have excellent online research skills
- Being multilingual is not required, but preferred
The ideal candidate will fit the following description:
- Be extremely kind, patient and always happy to help anyone. If you don’t like working with people, this is not the job for you.
- Be a fast learner
- Flexible, able to adapt and have ability to prioritize
- Capable of working independently and committed to meeting appointment schedules
- Proactive with the ability to anticipate needs
- Organized and punctual, by default
- Excited to be a part of the Expat in Croatia team. We are looking for someone who is eager to work here and will not treat this role as any other job just to pay the bills. We are in the business of helping people and making the lives of others better. The ideal candidate should be 100% dedicated to that mission.
If you meet all the requirements above, we’d like to hear from you! You do not need to know everything about this role from scratch. It’s kind of brand new for Croatia, so we are willing to train the right candidate.
Again, you must already be living in Croatia and have permission to work in Croatia. We will not be sponsoring a work permit for this position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- Submitting an application through the below form. (Applications received through social media, directly on email will not be considered or through any other channel other than the below form will not be considered.)
- Completion of several tasks to gauge skills. If this doesn’t interest you, then this is not the job for you.
- In person or video chat interviews
If this sounds like a good match for you, please apply using the below form.