Two of the most frequent questions I get on this site is “Where can I meet people?” and “Where can I find XYZ thing/place/person I need?”. Croatia can be a truly lonely place when you don’t know anybody and are oblivious as to how to get simple things accomplished.
Over the past few years, a number of Facebook Groups and Pages have cropped up that serve as a community for foreigners living in Croatia. This groups are also a hub for local Croatians interested in mingling with the immigrant community.
In these groups, you have the opportunity to:
- Meet people, foreign and local alike
- Get answers to your most pressing “living in Croatia” questions
- Clue in to local events and culture
- Get a front row seat for the gripes and complaints of those living here
The most active groups organize their own group-specific outings from dinners out to walking tours to day trips to nearby sites.
Before joining the groups, I highly recommend you read this post first. Here are all of the foreigner-focused Facebook groups in Croatia:
- Active Expats in Split – Join here
- Croatian Australians NZ-ers and Friends in Split – Like this page here
- Expats meet Split – Join here
- Expats in Split – Join here
- Expats Eat Split – Join here
- International Book Club Split – Join here
- SCHWABOS (for Germans in Split) – Join here
- Split Buy/Sell/Trade – Join here
- Split Croatia Couchsurfing – Join here
- Split Ecolutionaries – Join here
- Split Expat Sports – Join here
- Split Expats – Like this page here
- Split Photography Group – Join here
- Expats in Zagreb [Official] – Join here
- Expats in Zagreb – Join here
- Unique Zagreb Expats Group – Join here
- Zagreb Expat Meet Up – Join here
- Expats in Rijeka/Opatija – Join here
- Expats in Zadar – Join here
7. Inland Dalmatia
- Expats on Hvar – Join here
- Expats in Osijek – Join here
10. All of Croatia
11. A bonus
This group is for when you are so damned fed up that you need to scream something into the void without any judgment to an international audience that understands your pain. It is not for gentle snowflakes.
- Grumpy Expat – Join here
Is there a group I’ve missed? Let me know in the comments.
Expat in Croatia
Latest posts by Expat in Croatia (see all)
- Resources, Institutions & Associations for Parents in Croatia - February 7, 2019
- Family Services & Child Benefits in Croatia - February 7, 2019
- How to move and import your car to Croatia - December 12, 2018