Hrvatska Pošta – Croatian Postal Office

The Croatian postal system is known as Pošta (prounced "po-sh-ta"), and you can find them everywhere. Luckily, their big yellow sign is pretty hard to miss. Just in case, here is the full list of post offices, which is searchable by zip code and types of service. If you don't know a zip code, you can search for them by city here

If you are curious about how much it will be to mail something, they have a great postage calculator on their web site.

Here are some examples:

  • Letter within Croatia – 3.10 kuna
  • Priority letter within Croatia – 4.60 kuna
  • Postcard going to the US – 7.00 kuna

Their services, in addition to mail, include:

  • Western Union money transfers
  • Bill Payment
  • Phone Cards
  • Banking Services (more on this in another post)
  • Insurance (home, life, health, auto)
  • Money exchange

I've sent mail, retrieved a Western Union money transfer and used their banking services all with ease. Most of the agents speak English, or at a minimum, understand it so that communication is simple (unless you are in a very rural area). 

The following two tabs change content below.

Expat in Croatia

Sara is an American expat based in Split. After globetrotting between New York, Amsterdam and California, she moved to Croatia in 2012. Sara's blog Expat in Croatia is a guide for foreigners living and traveling in Croatia.