The Croatian post office is known as Hrvatska Pošta (pronounced “po-sh-ta”), and you can find them everywhere. Luckily, their big yellow sign is pretty hard to miss. Just in case, here is the full list of post offices, which is searchable by city.
If you are curious about how much it will be to mail something, they have a great postage calculator on their web site.
Examples of postage costs
- Letter within Croatia – 3,10 kuna
- Priority letter within Croatia – 6,50 kuna
- Postcard going to the US – 8,60 kuna
Additional Hrvatska Pošta services
- Western Union money transfers
- Bill Payment
- Phone Cards
- Post office boxes
- Mail forwarding and redirection
- Banking Services
- Insurance (home, life, health, auto)
- Money exchange
I’ve sent mail, retrieved a Western Union money transfer and used their banking services all with ease. Usually at least one of the agents speak English, or at a minimum, understand it enough to accomplish communication. Of course, if you live in Croatia, you should be speaking Croatian.