While in Croatia, whether you are a visitor or a long term resident, it is important to know who to contact in case of an emergency. There are also a few other national services that could prove helpful during your time here.
Let’s start with the most important one.
For emergencies, call 112.
Here are a list of the other numbers to call depending on what you need help with.
- 192 – Police
- 193 – Fire Brigade
- 194 – Ambulance
- 195 – Search and Rescue if at sea
- 1987 – Road Assistance
- 01 4640 800 – HAK (Croatian Automobile Club)
- 11888 – Telephone Directory
- 18166 – Weather Forecast
- 18981 – General Information
- 11802 – International Telephone Directory
The above numbers are listed as you would dial them from a Croatian number. If you are a visitor and need to call from a foreign number, precede the number with +385. +385 is the country code for Croatia. In calling a Croatian number that has an “0” at the beginning, remove it if also using the country code.
For example, to call the Croatian Automobile Club from a Croatian number, you would dial 01 4640 800. To call from a foreign number, you would dial +385 1 4640 800.
Expat in Croatia
Latest posts by Expat in Croatia (see all)
- Resources, Institutions & Associations for Parents in Croatia - February 7, 2019
- Family Services & Child Benefits in Croatia - February 7, 2019
- How to move and import your car to Croatia - December 12, 2018