Trade or “Obrt” is a pastime or a profession that requires particular skills and knowledge of skilled work. Obrt usually applies to people occupied in small-scale production of goods or their maintenance.
How to Open a Obrt in Croatia
Types of Trades:
- Free trade requires no evidence of professional qualification, secondary vocational education or master’s examination as a condition.
- Related trade requires proof of professional qualification, secondary vocational education or master’s examination.
- Preferential trade may only be performed on the basis of a license issued by the responsible ministry.
Examples of Trades:
All necessary payment slips are available, at no charge, at the HITRO.HR counter. Employees of HITRO.HR will help you fill out the forms and payment slips required for registration of a trade. You can make all the required payments at Fina.
A person who fulfills the conditions for tradesmanship becomes a tradesman when he is entered into a trade register.
Maximum annual income for a T.O. in 2017 is 230.000 kn.
The decision on registration of a trade in the trade register and a trade card can be picked up at the HITRO.HR service counter that you authorized to mediate for you in the founding procedure.
When you receive your trade card, you should create a stamp and open a bank account.
Within 8 days from the beginning of the trade activity, you must register with the tax administration for registration in the taxpayer registers. In order to be able to start doing business, you have to obtain a document with the minimum technical conditions from the legal entity responsible for granting the concession for the space where you want to operate the trade.
- Administrative tax = 270 kn
- Trade card issue = 200 kn
- Assurance of Incapacitation = 60 kn
- Medical Certification = 350 kn
- Entry into a Trade Register = 70 kn
How to Close a Obrt in Croatia
The closing itself is done at the applicable County Office of the State Administration. On the basis of the submitted application for the removal of a trade, accompanied by the trade card, a receipt of payment of the administrative fee (100 kn) and 70 kn of state stamps shall be issued to the tradesman by a court decision stating the termination of the trade.
If everything goes as planned, the trade is then deleted form the trades register.
Latest posts by Petar Salinovic (see all)
- How to be a blood donor in Croatia - August 14, 2017
- Diseases that disqualify you from being a blood donor in Croatia - August 14, 2017
- Velika Gospa (Assumption of Mary) - August 14, 2017